Determining a website’s mobile strategy isn’t rocket science, but it does take careful research and planning. Many business owners and entrepreneurs struggle with this.
According to the 2013 report:
• Mobile outpaced social media (13%)
• 27 % of consumer’s time which sheds lights on how critical a mobile app can be to reaching your customers where they are active online.
• 67 % of consumers say they are more likely to purchase from a mobile-friendly website than they are from a website not optimized for devices other than desktop.
Responsive web design is certainly the most affordable option for your business as compared to the development of a mobile app.
• Often takes far less time to create then does a mobile app since there’s no app store.
• There’s no app store approval or extensive guidelines to follow as compared to what Google Play
• Opting this is a bad idea if visibility in the search engines is an increasingly important part of your strategy
Native Mobile App
The native mobile app will provide a mobile centric experience for your existing and most loyal customers, while your responsive website can help provide an optimized experience to new and old visitors browsing your website or discovering it for the very first time.
• Offers the best user experience for mobile users since there are still limitations to how HTML5 can be passed on mobile
• often has access to more data from a user and therefore mobile app development can provide a more personalized experience
• In-app purchasing drives 76 percent of all app marketplace revenues to date since one-time setup is enough
Having said this, what do you think of responsive website and creating mobile app? Which seem like the best match for your business and why do you decide on one option over the other? Please share your insights in the comments below.
When Apple first created iPhone applications for the clinical test virtually every industry sought to grab a piece of this multimillion software market.
The idea of the “Smartphone physical” was introduced at the exhibition at the 2013 TEDMED conference through which clinical reports on everything from collecting blood pressure to testing visual acuity can be generated. And here’s why clinical apps stand ahead?
All These Applications Work for You
You search about something related to an ailment:
- Customised mobile apps help you identify the disease and provide answers to frequently asked questions related to those ailments.
- Creates a personalized user profiles and databases that cater to the patients’ precise needs and offer various suggestions.
- Prompt patients to participate or volunteer in trials from the comfort of their homes to analyze their exact case and also explain how it will benefit them.
- Not only patients can utilize this information to manage their own health but share this data with their treating physicians.
Overall, this holistic process puts the patient at ease and gives him a better understanding of his therapeutic options.
Kinds of Applications Available On the Market Today
Depending on what you are seeking, applications range from general to specific. To talk about a few that iPhone app developers contributed in recent times,
- The Diabetes Buddy allows users to measure the consumption of glucose, carbohydrate, water, and physical activity time
- The breast cancer diagnostic guide app walks you through your breast cancer pathology report and other tests and information that help you decide which treatments are suited for you with reference to your doctor, based on location.
- Echocardiography Atlas is an app that caters to specific diseases such as aortic valve, myocardial infarction, and infectious endocarditic.
Apart from these, there are mobile app development companies that provide a wide range of information as well as diagnostic test apps that are compatible with various platforms. These apps will do best is change the way the medical industry functions.
Since Sunday’s preannouncement of an Android software development kit (SDK) for wearable devices, there seem a lot of buzz in the app developer community. Wearable means cognitive dissonance.
Let’s see how wearable mobile app development started off with this whole “wearable” concept.
Adding apps onto Fitbit and Nike Fuelbands on onboard apps is not possible. This calls for Fitness wearable to perform a single function and use underpowered microcontroller hardware in order to achieve a low retail price and a one-week battery life. In this type, mobile app developers have designed in such a way that when a lone sensor, a low-power accelerometer interpolates movement into a measure of the wearer’s activity, it burns calories.
There’s no way to customize fitness bands. These mass market digital fashion accessories are the baseline to measure what app developers can create.
Being fashionable and functional, smart watches became the first popular programmable Smartphone-tethered device platforms. This includes functions like fitness and sleep functions thus eliminating the need for a fitness band.
The Bluetooth-tethered connection to Smartphone’s lets users leave their Smartphone’s in their pockets to respond to check notifications. Similar to their nonprogrammable application, these smart watches are designed with lower-power and lower-speed hardware. The best example is Google Glass.
Google’s wearable Android SDK
Be it designing a programmable or nonprogrammable wearable, it is all about creating a unique killer app that appeals to consumers at a low price. The SDK will likely improve and simplify communications between wearable and other Android devices and through the Android device to cloud services.
Very soon, similar to Google Play app on Android Smartphone’s and tablets, the SDK will streamline wearable mobile app development by relieving the developer of low-level development.
What makes a Custom iPhone App Splendid?
Technology never stops moving. Since a couple of years though iPhone application development showed a full swing outwardly, the truth is quite a little bitter inward. So, basically there are a several things that contribute in making a mobile application great, not just about choosing a great platform but choosing a professional app development company.
Have a look at the list of some of the latest trends that are rocking in 2014.
Padded List Views
The trend of bold colours has truly inspired iPhone App developers to shift to using textures and patterns in their application backgrounds. Suppose if user has to choose the one out of many, if only it is placed in pretty list will serve the best. The list views
- Gives the clear information to the users and helps them to pick one easily.
- Its icons give a different look and improve navigation.
- Plus, including huge pretty buttons gives clear idea because of their different colours and text
Text Driven Interfaces
The earliest mobile app development was largely text based. The idea behind was that text loads quickly over a slow connection and doesn’t require an advanced rendering engine.
Modern mobile apps don’t need to rely on text. Meanwhile, the best apps that embrace a text-centric approach are those that use text appropriate in context. The formula is “text works best when it is legible, large font and unencumbered by other interface elements.
Example: Trickle, a Twitter app displays tweets in a very readable way- the best suits for all age groups.
Other Common Trends
There are many other trends that seem not to fade away in 2014. This includes:
- Flat design – No more skeuomorphism
- Bigger controls
- Pretty typography
- Vector graphics
Which are some of the design trends you are seeing in mobile apps or that you hope to see more of in the future?
The mobile app marketplace has become increasingly crowded (both on iOS and Android) and so does the competition, devoid of any restrictions and geographical boundaries. Whether you’re a startup company or a grizzled company of ten years in business, social networking is a key piece of the marketing framework, in mobile app development. Be it any form, whether Facebook or LinkedIn or Twitter, or even Google+ ignoring it can only hurt your business.
Industry Analysis & Industry Trends
The industry report contains key industry statistics to overlook into social media
- The Social Network Game Development industry is continuing to quickly expand in revenue.
- It is expected to surge at an average annual rate of 82.2% in the 10 years to 2018.
- US GDP is forecast to rise at a much slower annualized rate of 2.1%.
- Games, developed as mobile application later offered on social networks are free to play and offer virtual currency for purchase that enhances playability.
Social Media to Make Their Apps Successful
The best way to acquire a social media following is
- To integrate Facebook and Twitter directly into your app so that they get to share achievements and other information.
- To give people an extra reason to connect with you, developers can include virtual currency or items in app as a sign of reward.
- Once your community of Facebook followers starts to grow the long-term engagement and an investment of time and attention from an app developer also grows.
- Social media as not just to make a sales pitch and solicit more downloads but mostly “FUN”
- Facebook advertising for mobile app developers is not expensive, if managed properly.
These are just a few tips and tricks for how to market your mobile app. But how do you go about harnessing this amazing marketing power for your business? If you think, you know, feel free to share your opinion and comments.
Nowadays, the average user now spends 9 %more time using mobile applications than the internet. Whether you are running a restaurant, or an ecommerce store, or simply a blog and manage a DIY platform, you can grow your business just by adding an app to your model. Surprised? Wait for it.
In this post, we have discussed a few points that might really trigger to help you take the decision. So, here we go!!!
Where Does Your Business Stand?
People in the USA are spending more time on Smartphone’s than desktops. As you see, it is big time for marketers to start engaging with their stakeholders and they rely on smart apps. From business point of view, then needless to say, we must be targeting such users via these devices.
What does all this mean for your business? A survey says, “When asked, do you think that at least half the businesses in your industry must indulge mobile application development?” The response was amazing: 100% Yes. As such, mobile apps designed by businesses for internal use and competitive advantage will explode over time. This is why all business leaders need to ask themselves if their business has anything to do with creating mobile apps to transform business processes?
Definitely, the rise of mobile apps for all business functions is a hard trend you can’t ignore. So how to you give a core competitive advantage, rather than relying on off-the-shelf apps you and your competitors can get through various app stores? Well, a mobile application development company can answer that for you. Bear in mind, the companies that transform their business processes using mobility will achieve new levels of success. When? Not any mere future but the best time for business process transformation is NOW.
At Openwave, a mobile app development company, NYC, you can get all possible creative, engaging and intuitive apps for your business. Our renowned strategy & planning team works alongside our world class branding and cap it all off.
Earning millions of dollars on an iPhone app sounds appealing, but then, most of them will walk away with little or nothing to show for it. Therefore, before you jump to iPhone application development, isn’t it good to think ahead and make some estimations as in what would be the reasonable return on investment once the app is released?
What’s the Gain when investing into iPhone App Development?
Let’s start with calculating the revenue. There is a formula to calculate your revenue: number of downloads * monetization coefficient.
For example, take the monetization coefficient, which is how much money one installation brings.
- In general, a free app is downloaded 15-20 times more often than a paid one.
- For paid apps with no in-app purchases it’s simply “The Price” minus Apple’s 30%- despite the fact that paid app will not necessarily bring you more money.
What’s The Probability of an App Download?
The probability that your app will be downloaded depends on the following
- Make it to App Store Charts: An iPhone app developer’s team in USA suggest an app should make 13,000 download daily to be in Top 100 Free Apps. So, will your app make it to App Store Charts, whether it’s Top Apps Paid, Free or category section?
- To Beat the Competitors: Based on a report released recently, it is found that the most competitive categories in Dec 2013 were Games (5,617 new apps) followed by Education (1,168 apps) and lastly Business (3,091). Meanwhile, the number of new apps in other categories varies from approximately 3,000-1,000 (Travel, Lifestyle, Utilities, Sports, Health) to 900-800 (Music, Food, Photography).
What If My Apps Fail? Don’t abandon them?
Sometimes, post the mobile application development, and release you might want to develop something quite different but leaving a half-baked app behind. Never do this as it might affect your company’s reputation. Instead, be passionate about any app of yours and continue to maintain it in the long run, thus building trust and strong customer relationship.