Mobile devices as well as mobile apps are poised to grow by leaps and bounds. The latest research indicates that the appetite for these interactive digital applications is on the rise as Smartphone adoption accelerates, surprising not among customers alone but the marketers.
This article showcases a recent report taken from mobile application development companies: 44% of marketing and digital development executives surveyed have both external (customer-facing) and internal (employing-facing) audience apps.
According to the report, costumer-facing apps are primarily used for many reasons.
- Main app usage: Customer communications (83%), customer service or support (79%), and product communications (74%).
- Marketers make use of mobile application development throughout the customer lifecycle- starting from creating awareness (18%) to maintaining loyalty (31%).
- 59% of marketing and digital executives admits their brand has one to three customer-facing apps.
Based on the report, it is found that more users having mobile devices (54%) and promoting apps through other channels (53%) are the prime drivers of increased app adoption.
Many organizations use internal apps to give their employees their fair share of app experiences.
- Main app usage: internal communications (82%), business intelligence (62%), sharing information (62%), and training (62%) as their main app use cases.
- 67% of respondents have seen growth in the number of internal users in the end of 2013
- Executives cite corporate intranet (74%), email alerts and memos (67%), and company newsletters (51%) as key internal app traffic drivers.
Despite these challenges marketers are still eating up mobile apps, and 53% of them design and encourage app development as part of their marketing and business strategies.
Have any plan to create a mobile app for your corporate? Now is the time. Approach a mobile application development company, one such Openwave Computing LLC, NYC to create any type of apps irrespective of any platform, Android, iPhone or Windows.