As one of the best operating system platforms, Android’s popularity has grown by leaps and bounds since its inception. Its SDKs and development tools too, are relatively easy to use. With media capabilities, graphic support, faster, smoother and more responsive design, Android offers several technical benefits over its competitors. In this article, we look at the top 5 Android development tools and their important features.
- Software Development Kit
This tool provides you the API libraries and developer tools necessary to build, test and debug apps for Android.
- Easy to develop apps
- Specially synchronized features
- No additional installation necessary
- Updates come automatically with Android SDK updates
- Easy to understand and apply
- Native Development Kit
This tool allows you to program in C/C++ for Android devices.
- Programming in C/C++
- Can be used to build activities
- Access application resources
- Handle user input
- Titanium mobile SDK
- Faster development
- Code reuse
- Reduce cost
- HyperNext Android creator
This tool enables users to create their own software, both cross-platform and standalone applications and stacks for the free ware Hyper Next Player.
- Its features are unique and easy to understand
- It allows single window operation
- Allows you to easily create HTML help documents
- Adobe Air
This runtime tool enables developers to package the same code into native apps for iPhone, iPad, Kindle Fire, Nook tablet and other Android devices, reaching the mobile app stores for over 500 million devices.
- It saves development time
- It also reduces development cost
What we have seen are just 5 of the plenty of exciting Android tools currently available. This only goes to show that if you look to develop mobile apps, Android is the unanimous choice!