The world has come a long way since the age old days of waiting for a taxi to turn up on your block. Today, thanks to ride-hailing apps like Uber and Ola, several consumers have done away with the need for buying a personal mode of transport as the services offered by these players are highly efficient. The reason behind the success of these apps is the win-win they offer to both consumers and the owner of taxis. They provide effective fleet management software that pulls off a great job in solving the supply-demand issue.
If you are a business who owns a fleet of taxis or are an entrepreneur looking to invest in developing a ride-hailing app for your own country, here are a few mandatory features that you must integrate into your apps to capture the market:
- A user-friendly UI: A taxi booking app can be used by a large section of the population across age groups and segments. Hence, it is important for application developers to ensure that the UI is user-friendly and can be easily comprehensible for any user
- Real-time Taxi Tracking: Consumers today demand the luxury of multiple options. By creating a grid of the spread of taxis in the neighborhood, businesses can give consumers the option of finding out about the various options available and also help them understand the non-availability of taxis during peak hours.
- Map Integration: Map integration helps users and drivers track each other’s location. This helps in finding addresses easily as opposed to constant phone calls and searching for landmarks. A GPS-integrated map can take the driver directly to the doorstep of the users.
- Payment Integration: Thanks to the proliferation of mobile app wallets and credit cards, customers today demand services where they don’t have to rely on physical payment for the services availed. Application developers should look to integrate different payment options securely into the app.
- Notifications: By constantly notifying the users of several important feature upgrades and coupons, the company can keep them informed of their presence and build a connection. Also, real-time notifications of the order status and the location of the cab can help reduce customer anxiety while they wait for the arrival of their taxi.
To develop a ride-hailing app service worthy of regular use, get in touch with a reputed mobile application development player such as Openwave, that has an app development team with prior experience in handling such projects.