“Ok Google” and “Hey Siri” are now an integral part of our daily language. From searching merely using text, we have today progressed to searching using voice assistants that use special speech recognition software to process our voice queries and respond appropriately. And with big giants such as Amazon and Google throwing their weight behind voice assistance devices such as Echo and Home, the race is on for a number of industries to offer voice-based services.
The following scenarios are a few where voice-enabled services can play a key role:
Voice Assisted Commerce: This represents a radical shift from mobile-based commerce, where you require a device to access the internet. Thanks to voice-enabled technology, users are liberated from the use of smartphones to order goods off the internet. They can purchase all essentials by merely giving vocal commands to their smart speakers.
Voice Payments: Even as the mobile wallet revolution is underway, we are now looking at a completely fresh mode of transaction where all payments are through vocal commands. From paying for utilities to transferring cash between different bank accounts, voice payments will change the way remittances are made. Also, as technology evolves, speech recognition technology will be able to document and recognize individual voices, thereby providing a foolproof mode of paying.
Push Notifications: A modern-day retake on answering machines, push notifications will have AI tech reading our emails and notifications aloud, thereby reducing our dependence on smartphones and smartphone screens.
Hearables: Today, wireless earphones have become common. Hardware developers are already working towards integrating Google Assistant and Alexa into their devices to improve features and usability. This new class of devices is now known as hearables and offer greater flexibility for users as the need for a smartphone screen to beam notifications to a user is greatly reduced.
If you are looking to seize an opportunity in this burgeoning industry, enlist the help of expert players such as Openwave and incorporate voice-enabled technology in your mobile apps.
In the age of on-demand app services, there’s an app for every conceivable business service. With B2C players increasingly opting for the app-route to reach their customers, services such as food-delivery, groceries, and laundry have all found their way onto the smartphone with dedicated apps being offered. Laundry apps, in particular, are in high demand as the task of washing clothes and getting them ironed is time-intensive.
If you own a Laundromat or are looking to venture into this domain, then the time is ripe for you to develop a dedicated app! Make sure that you incorporate the following features into your app:
- Simplified Login: Let’s face it; nobody wants an extensive login for availing laundry services. Offer a simplified login page that requires minimal information from the client and reduces the time required to access your services. Phone-number based login is a great way of saving time!
- Intuitive UI: The main USP of app-based services are that they integrate seamlessly into the lifestyle of users. This should be the main focus of your app development team. Ensure that users do not have a stiff learning curve to use your app. Use rounded buttons and bold typefaces is a great way of making the UI intuitive.
- Variety in Options: Users love to be offered choice in the services they can avail. Package your services into different variants and offer differentiators that improve the appeal of your offerings! This can help you target customers based on their preferences and boost customer retention.
- Flexible Payment: When it comes to app services, payments are always a bit of a sore point with not enough flexibility for customers. This can be best mitigated by incorporating a variety of payment options such as mobile wallets and credit card-based payments, all of which are regulated by a secure payment gateway.
- Offers and Discounts: Targeting and Retargeting is the best way to bolster your branding efforts. Apps allow push notifications which can help you geo-target your customer base and promote your services in a personalized manner.
Why stop with 5 killer features when you can add more? Partner with expert laundry app development companies such as Openwave and explore innovative features that can give your app an edge over the competition!