While the iPhone has undergone several iterations since its launch in 2007, what has remained constant is the quality and robustness of apps that are hosted on the iPhone. Apple which aims to always stay at the cutting edge of smartphone development encourages and adopts the latest in smartphone tech every time with a new version. The iOS app developer community, one of the most competitive and cutting-edge community, is gearing up for a new bout of innovations in the year 2018.
Watch out for the following trends:
- Swift 4: Swift 4 is the latest update for the language that is developed by Apple exclusively for its MacOS and Linux systems. It is a powerful and easy to learn programming language that is preferred by developers for its scalability and robust security. The latest version is expected to make it easy to build applications that have better memory management.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Siri: Siri is one of the most popular applications ever. Being the first voice assistant ever, it has transformed the way we interact with our smartphones. In its latest iteration, it is expected to incorporate AI-powered capabilities and make conversations far more human-like than ever.
- Core Machine Learning: Core Machine Learning or Core ML is the latest framework launched by Apple for incorporating machine learning algorithms into all its devices. Adding machine learning codes to the various iOS apps will enrich their performance and make them secure.
- Augmented Reality (AR) and ARKit: Augmented Reality is the new tech on the block with all emerging smartphones being AR/VR capable. Apple too is betting big on this technology by ARKit, the SDK that allows developers to build AR/VR/3D apps for the iOS platform.
- Apple Pay: Apple Pay is one of the few applications that are not mentioned as much as it should be. With a boost of 500% in the number of transactions that take place in Apple pay, it is expected to take bigger strides in 2018.
- Apple HomeKit: Apple is betting big on IoT and home automation. In this regard, it has launched HomeKit that will make it easy for businesses to build connected devices.
Build apps that incorporate the latest features and look to top the charts! Develop a new line of cutting-edge iOS apps by partnering with Openwave, leading iOS App Developers based out of New York! Get in touch with our business team today.