Applications have become a core part of the society today. From travel to food to entertainment, there’s an app for everything! However, the perception varies; the way a developer sees an app and the way a user sees it is drastically different. The app development process is a result of a user problem that needs solving. App developer’s look to find the most efficient way to solve these issues, and this is why user behavior affects the process!
Here are 4 ways how user behavior impacts the mobile app development process:
- Application Platform: Android and iOS are the predominant app development platforms. Each year both platforms see a significant number of users purchasing their phones. With 2018 experiencing a hike in Android users, iOS has been put up against tough competition. Several companies are releasing pocket-friendly Android phones unlike Apple, which primarily sells premium and expensive gadgets. Depending on user inclination in regards to the market, application developers have to develop apps for respective platforms.
- Demographics: With Android selling affordable than iOS, even the not-so-rich people can purchase an Android device. However, iPhone buyers are usually from the higher end of the market. Depending on the type of audience a developer wants to cater to and the income he expects, he can pick iOS – for a high priced app, or Android – for a nominal/free app.
- Consistency In Usage: Yes, it is a factor. With millions of applications in the market and another million being made, a user is left with many choices. When it comes to iOS, statistics show that users tend to use an application for longer spans and the retention is healthy. However, the condition is the opposite in Android. Hence, while catering to the Android community, your app should be top-notch and hold a place on the user’s phone!
- Revenue: App developers don’t always aim for the 1000$ mark. Even getting 1000 downloads initially is a milestone! Depending on the audience, you either make good money or get recognition – or both. With Apple, the trend remains the same; good apps are purchased no matter how expensive. Apple has high-end users who don’t hesitate to spend on an app. However, with Android, paid apps will seldom work. In return, however, you will reach a huge audience.
The iOS vs. Android battle is ever-raging. Both platforms offer good exposure! However, no one knows Android app development better than Openwave! Our Android and iOS app development team will ensure you get the best application made. Call us today: +1(212) 209-1537 to speak to our expertise.
In today’s highly charged and competitive startup environment, it is quite hard for businesses to thrive without maintaining a significant technological and operational edge over competitors. In a market where the winner takes all, the second and third placed simply find it too hard to compete on the same level. For startups that are looking to disrupt markets by offering unique and innovative solutions, Android applications offer the best deal yet when it comes to boosting their productivity and performance.
The following reasons show why Android apps development is the best deal for startups:
- Faster Reach: With the proliferation of smartphones powered by the Android OS, the community is now 2-billion strong, which means that the reach of useful apps can be viral and very aggressive. This makes it easy for startups with the right product to reach a wide audience in a very short time.
- Quicker Popularity: In the age of social media, it is quite easy for products to become popular. Android apps like Sayat.me, Sarahah, and PokemonGO became viral overnight. This advantage makes apps the fastest way for a brand to reach prominence.
- Easy of Development: Thanks to the availability of several developer tools, Android apps development has become a simple process that makes it easy for novices with no prior knowledge to develop great apps. This is highly useful for startups who may not have highly trained resources.
- Ease of Entry: Google charges only $25 for developers to obtain a license fee. This makes it quite easy for them to develop any number of free apps and publish them on the Play Store with no added fees. This ease of entry into the market is what makes it a highly viable option for startups.
- Better ROI: Android Apps have the best Returns on Investment for any business tool out there. They are highly effective in both evoking customer loyalty and in brand recall. This makes them a highly reliable one-time investment that keeps bringing better returns as the time passes.
If you are a startup and are looking to hire android developers who are well experienced, get in touch with Openwave. Our team of developers can help you improve your business productivity by developing apps that are tailor-made to your requirements and suit your business goals at a special 10% Festive discount. Use Coupon Code: OWC-HolidaySP
A year after announcing the project at its last I/O developer conference, Google has announced the launch of ‘Instant Apps’. The announcement was made by Ellie Powers, product manager of Google Play, at this year’s conference.
This new platform is designed for building native apps with the speed and functionality of web apps, thereby bringing a bridge between the two types of apps. Until now, the company had launched the program on a limited scale, making it available only for a select group of developers.
The original plan was for these ‘Instant’ Apps to run on older versions of Android such as 4.3. However, now, they operate on the Android 6.0 groundwork.
Google mentioned that developers might require around a month or more to let their apps adapt to these specifications. The company had previously released a few of the ‘Instant App’ versions this January to view their response and performance. Since then, a few corporations had also teamed up with Google to pursue this new type of apps.
Now, all developers can access the app through the Google search engine and download it for their creative use.
In order to use this newly launched tool to develop apps, developers need to integrate their applications with deep links. This is meant to allow users to use the URL to reach areas of the app that they search for. ‘Instant Apps’ allows coders to develop a more eased-out version of their Android apps without the burden of visiting the Google Play Store.
Android L has created a great deal of excitement, can say. The dark flat design of KitKat is expected to be overhauled making it livelier through depth and fluidity of animations. Dependent on the user’s actions Google’s new interface, “Material Design,” adds real-time shadows and smart interactions too.
Based on this, app designers have bought three design strategies beyond the UI:
- notifications are more intuitive
- apps are interlinked
- consistent adaptive design
Android L notifications will no longer be locked to the notifications bar but be smarter and more interactive. Plus, with Visibility Controls, the user profits the ability to manage the type of notifications that display on the lock screen for privacy. Better yet, “Heads-up” high-priority notifications appear in on top of the app when in use with actions revealed for quick interaction.
Android apps, with layout guidelines, are scalable across different screen sizes and give the app a consistent look and feel. Meanwhile, the interactions will be consistent for all devices including icons, colours, and spacing which mean the user can feel more comfortable and familiar experience, be it any device.
Android L will allow users to search through Chrome and display results from the apps downloaded on the phone. For instance, when a user searches for the score of the Ohio State basketball game in Chrome the results will include the search results for the NCAA app if it’s installed on the device. This allows web apps and native apps to be interlinked allowing for a more streamlined user experience.
On the whole, compared to previous versions, Android L creates a much improved user experience extending beyond the user interface and far into the details behind all of the design decisions and added features. This allows the app to be designed in a way that it comes alive.