While eCommerce as an industry and a way of living for people saw a great transformation post the coming of Amazon and AliBaba, there is always the need for the right support infrastructure to grow it. This very support infrastructure was brought forward by the coming up of mobile applications, and 2010 marked the breakout point for mobile sales. But mobile eCommerce hasn’t scaled the heights it was expected to, owing to shortcomings in the overall experience the customers have.
Let’s look at some of the areas where the mobile eCommerce experience is lacking and where it can be improved:
- Web Avenues Vs Mobile Apps
Although eCommerce got a latent push as it caught customer frenzy, most portals which went on to extend the functionality to mobile based applications simple scaled it like-to-like. In this, the shopping experience which resulted for the consumers wasn’t very easy to comprehend and has hence, not brought about any revolutionary change in sales.
- Lack of Responsiveness
While an increasing number of eCommerce applications have been built, not all of them are responsive enough to lend a suave customer experience. Most eCommerce application developers do not pay much heed to making mobile applications responsive and this is where customers do not get the same experience as they do on web avenues.
- Lacking Shopping Features
In many cases, application developers do not replicate all the features which are offered on e-Commerce web portals, and this is why customers are not able to have a similar experience when they move over to mobile shopping.
- Inadequate Security Features
While most eCommerce portals are prompt with data privacy certifications and disclosures on their web avenues, this theme takes a back seat on the mobile app interface for some reason. This is yet another reason why customers tend to shy away from making purchases over the mobile stores.
Looking to optimize the mobile eCommerce experience for your customer? Then Openwave is the most apt application development company to partner with, bringing years of experience and adroit mobile application development skills aboard. Call us today and tell us your requirements! +1(212) 209-1537
While the iPhone has undergone several iterations since its launch in 2007, what has remained constant is the quality and robustness of apps that are hosted on the iPhone. Apple which aims to always stay at the cutting edge of smartphone development encourages and adopts the latest in smartphone tech every time with a new version. The iOS app developer community, one of the most competitive and cutting-edge community, is gearing up for a new bout of innovations in the year 2018.
Watch out for the following trends:
- Swift 4: Swift 4 is the latest update for the language that is developed by Apple exclusively for its MacOS and Linux systems. It is a powerful and easy to learn programming language that is preferred by developers for its scalability and robust security. The latest version is expected to make it easy to build applications that have better memory management.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Siri: Siri is one of the most popular applications ever. Being the first voice assistant ever, it has transformed the way we interact with our smartphones. In its latest iteration, it is expected to incorporate AI-powered capabilities and make conversations far more human-like than ever.
- Core Machine Learning: Core Machine Learning or Core ML is the latest framework launched by Apple for incorporating machine learning algorithms into all its devices. Adding machine learning codes to the various iOS apps will enrich their performance and make them secure.
- Augmented Reality (AR) and ARKit: Augmented Reality is the new tech on the block with all emerging smartphones being AR/VR capable. Apple too is betting big on this technology by ARKit, the SDK that allows developers to build AR/VR/3D apps for the iOS platform.
- Apple Pay: Apple Pay is one of the few applications that are not mentioned as much as it should be. With a boost of 500% in the number of transactions that take place in Apple pay, it is expected to take bigger strides in 2018.
- Apple HomeKit: Apple is betting big on IoT and home automation. In this regard, it has launched HomeKit that will make it easy for businesses to build connected devices.
Build apps that incorporate the latest features and look to top the charts! Develop a new line of cutting-edge iOS apps by partnering with Openwave, leading iOS App Developers based out of New York! Get in touch with our business team today.
Fitness is today an $80 Billion market with 5 billion dollars from the US. With over 70 million Americans taking up a gym membership each year, the market for fitness is likely to double in the US alone. With such strong trends in place, it is important to understand how mobile app developers can benefit from this well-established arena.
Today, there are several mobile apps and gadgets that are aimed at health and fitness conscious users. Here are the benefits offered by mobile applications in this domain:
- Personalized Workout Instructions: Each member who visits a gym definitely has a unique body type and needs to be offered a dedicated workout regimen. Analytics built into apps can plan a user’s workout schedule based on the inputs from the instructor and can get the desired results.
- Diet Strategies: Diet is an integral part of a fitness plan. Developing a diet strategy can now be made effective with the use of analytics. Individual diet plans based on the user’s metabolism can be calculated and the plan with the most positive results can be chalked out.
- Alerts and Messages: Offering 24X7 assistance to members is possible thanks to push notifications that can deliver important information from the promoters of the gym. Other information such as aggregate workout info, health-tips, and motivational messages can be sent directly to the app.
- Scheduling: These apps also make it easy for gym members to set up appointments with their dedicated trainers and stay connected with them. From booking slots for the spa to scheduling a meet with the dietician, all activities at the gym can be planned well in advance.
- Promotions and Cross Marketing: These apps also offer a promotional platform for the owners of the gym. They can promote their other associated brands and their products through push notifications. This gives them more visibility and increases reach.
- Payments: The payment for the gym can be simplified by integrating a payment gateway into the app. From credit cards to mobile wallets, a variety of payment options can be incorporated into the application, thereby offering flexibility to users.
Tap into the lucrative fitness market and create an app that helps you build your brand. Enlist the services of Openwave, a globally acclaimed mobile app developer and avail affordable world-class development solutions.
“Ok Google” and “Hey Siri” are now an integral part of our daily language. From searching merely using text, we have today progressed to searching using voice assistants that use special speech recognition software to process our voice queries and respond appropriately. And with big giants such as Amazon and Google throwing their weight behind voice assistance devices such as Echo and Home, the race is on for a number of industries to offer voice-based services.
The following scenarios are a few where voice-enabled services can play a key role:
Voice Assisted Commerce: This represents a radical shift from mobile-based commerce, where you require a device to access the internet. Thanks to voice-enabled technology, users are liberated from the use of smartphones to order goods off the internet. They can purchase all essentials by merely giving vocal commands to their smart speakers.
Voice Payments: Even as the mobile wallet revolution is underway, we are now looking at a completely fresh mode of transaction where all payments are through vocal commands. From paying for utilities to transferring cash between different bank accounts, voice payments will change the way remittances are made. Also, as technology evolves, speech recognition technology will be able to document and recognize individual voices, thereby providing a foolproof mode of paying.
Push Notifications: A modern-day retake on answering machines, push notifications will have AI tech reading our emails and notifications aloud, thereby reducing our dependence on smartphones and smartphone screens.
Hearables: Today, wireless earphones have become common. Hardware developers are already working towards integrating Google Assistant and Alexa into their devices to improve features and usability. This new class of devices is now known as hearables and offer greater flexibility for users as the need for a smartphone screen to beam notifications to a user is greatly reduced.
If you are looking to seize an opportunity in this burgeoning industry, enlist the help of expert players such as Openwave and incorporate voice-enabled technology in your mobile apps.
In the age of on-demand app services, there’s an app for every conceivable business service. With B2C players increasingly opting for the app-route to reach their customers, services such as food-delivery, groceries, and laundry have all found their way onto the smartphone with dedicated apps being offered. Laundry apps, in particular, are in high demand as the task of washing clothes and getting them ironed is time-intensive.
If you own a Laundromat or are looking to venture into this domain, then the time is ripe for you to develop a dedicated app! Make sure that you incorporate the following features into your app:
- Simplified Login: Let’s face it; nobody wants an extensive login for availing laundry services. Offer a simplified login page that requires minimal information from the client and reduces the time required to access your services. Phone-number based login is a great way of saving time!
- Intuitive UI: The main USP of app-based services are that they integrate seamlessly into the lifestyle of users. This should be the main focus of your app development team. Ensure that users do not have a stiff learning curve to use your app. Use rounded buttons and bold typefaces is a great way of making the UI intuitive.
- Variety in Options: Users love to be offered choice in the services they can avail. Package your services into different variants and offer differentiators that improve the appeal of your offerings! This can help you target customers based on their preferences and boost customer retention.
- Flexible Payment: When it comes to app services, payments are always a bit of a sore point with not enough flexibility for customers. This can be best mitigated by incorporating a variety of payment options such as mobile wallets and credit card-based payments, all of which are regulated by a secure payment gateway.
- Offers and Discounts: Targeting and Retargeting is the best way to bolster your branding efforts. Apps allow push notifications which can help you geo-target your customer base and promote your services in a personalized manner.
Why stop with 5 killer features when you can add more? Partner with expert laundry app development companies such as Openwave and explore innovative features that can give your app an edge over the competition!
In today’s highly charged and competitive startup environment, it is quite hard for businesses to thrive without maintaining a significant technological and operational edge over competitors. In a market where the winner takes all, the second and third placed simply find it too hard to compete on the same level. For startups that are looking to disrupt markets by offering unique and innovative solutions, Android applications offer the best deal yet when it comes to boosting their productivity and performance.
The following reasons show why Android apps development is the best deal for startups:
- Faster Reach: With the proliferation of smartphones powered by the Android OS, the community is now 2-billion strong, which means that the reach of useful apps can be viral and very aggressive. This makes it easy for startups with the right product to reach a wide audience in a very short time.
- Quicker Popularity: In the age of social media, it is quite easy for products to become popular. Android apps like Sayat.me, Sarahah, and PokemonGO became viral overnight. This advantage makes apps the fastest way for a brand to reach prominence.
- Easy of Development: Thanks to the availability of several developer tools, Android apps development has become a simple process that makes it easy for novices with no prior knowledge to develop great apps. This is highly useful for startups who may not have highly trained resources.
- Ease of Entry: Google charges only $25 for developers to obtain a license fee. This makes it quite easy for them to develop any number of free apps and publish them on the Play Store with no added fees. This ease of entry into the market is what makes it a highly viable option for startups.
- Better ROI: Android Apps have the best Returns on Investment for any business tool out there. They are highly effective in both evoking customer loyalty and in brand recall. This makes them a highly reliable one-time investment that keeps bringing better returns as the time passes.
If you are a startup and are looking to hire android developers who are well experienced, get in touch with Openwave. Our team of developers can help you improve your business productivity by developing apps that are tailor-made to your requirements and suit your business goals at a special 10% Festive discount. Use Coupon Code: OWC-HolidaySP
The world has come a long way since the age old days of waiting for a taxi to turn up on your block. Today, thanks to ride-hailing apps like Uber and Ola, several consumers have done away with the need for buying a personal mode of transport as the services offered by these players are highly efficient. The reason behind the success of these apps is the win-win they offer to both consumers and the owner of taxis. They provide effective fleet management software that pulls off a great job in solving the supply-demand issue.
If you are a business who owns a fleet of taxis or are an entrepreneur looking to invest in developing a ride-hailing app for your own country, here are a few mandatory features that you must integrate into your apps to capture the market:
- A user-friendly UI: A taxi booking app can be used by a large section of the population across age groups and segments. Hence, it is important for application developers to ensure that the UI is user-friendly and can be easily comprehensible for any user
- Real-time Taxi Tracking: Consumers today demand the luxury of multiple options. By creating a grid of the spread of taxis in the neighborhood, businesses can give consumers the option of finding out about the various options available and also help them understand the non-availability of taxis during peak hours.
- Map Integration: Map integration helps users and drivers track each other’s location. This helps in finding addresses easily as opposed to constant phone calls and searching for landmarks. A GPS-integrated map can take the driver directly to the doorstep of the users.
- Payment Integration: Thanks to the proliferation of mobile app wallets and credit cards, customers today demand services where they don’t have to rely on physical payment for the services availed. Application developers should look to integrate different payment options securely into the app.
- Notifications: By constantly notifying the users of several important feature upgrades and coupons, the company can keep them informed of their presence and build a connection. Also, real-time notifications of the order status and the location of the cab can help reduce customer anxiety while they wait for the arrival of their taxi.
To develop a ride-hailing app service worthy of regular use, get in touch with a reputed mobile application development player such as Openwave, that has an app development team with prior experience in handling such projects.