Applications have become a core part of the society today. From travel to food to entertainment, there’s an app for everything! However, the perception varies; the way a developer sees an app and the way a user sees it is drastically different. The app development process is a result of a user problem that needs solving. App developer’s look to find the most efficient way to solve these issues, and this is why user behavior affects the process!
Here are 4 ways how user behavior impacts the mobile app development process:
- Application Platform: Android and iOS are the predominant app development platforms. Each year both platforms see a significant number of users purchasing their phones. With 2018 experiencing a hike in Android users, iOS has been put up against tough competition. Several companies are releasing pocket-friendly Android phones unlike Apple, which primarily sells premium and expensive gadgets. Depending on user inclination in regards to the market, application developers have to develop apps for respective platforms.
- Demographics: With Android selling affordable than iOS, even the not-so-rich people can purchase an Android device. However, iPhone buyers are usually from the higher end of the market. Depending on the type of audience a developer wants to cater to and the income he expects, he can pick iOS – for a high priced app, or Android – for a nominal/free app.
- Consistency In Usage: Yes, it is a factor. With millions of applications in the market and another million being made, a user is left with many choices. When it comes to iOS, statistics show that users tend to use an application for longer spans and the retention is healthy. However, the condition is the opposite in Android. Hence, while catering to the Android community, your app should be top-notch and hold a place on the user’s phone!
- Revenue: App developers don’t always aim for the 1000$ mark. Even getting 1000 downloads initially is a milestone! Depending on the audience, you either make good money or get recognition – or both. With Apple, the trend remains the same; good apps are purchased no matter how expensive. Apple has high-end users who don’t hesitate to spend on an app. However, with Android, paid apps will seldom work. In return, however, you will reach a huge audience.
The iOS vs. Android battle is ever-raging. Both platforms offer good exposure! However, no one knows Android app development better than Openwave! Our Android and iOS app development team will ensure you get the best application made. Call us today: +1(212) 209-1537 to speak to our expertise.
After months of coding, arduous UI designs, and countless test runs, your app is finally ready to enter the market; the market with over 2.5 million already existing applications! With competition brimming mercilessly, how do you make your app known to the world? Standing out is just not enough anymore, with at least a hundred apps similar to yours, you need to be widely known to be picked by a consumer. Mobile application development has become a booming field due to the increasing number of smartphones in the world.
Here’s how you can make your app well known and every user’s first pick:
- Use Third-Party Websites: Doesn’t sound fancy, does it? But it gets the work done in a very efficient way. There are several websites that advertise and let users download apps, otherwise not present or ones with low visibility rates on the app store. These websites are often sought after widely and have a high search appearance rate compared to others. Having your app present on one of these sites will ensure a good surety of download.
- Social Media Presence: Social media promotes pretty much anything these days! Estimates suggest a whopping 2.5 billion social media users currently. This provides a healthy ground to advertise on. You can follow the organic method of gaining followers normally or pay the app for a paid promotion.
- Offer Free Services: In-app purchases are very annoying for several users and one of the prime reasons they discontinue using an app. Pricing a component of an app might get you into the premium user’s bracket, but the majority of day-to-day users will ignore it completely. Try to keep in-app purchases to a minimum.
- App Store Optimizing: Like SEO is to content, ASO is to applications. Having a neat and catchy logo, good keyword density for the application, and including backlinks, screenshots and videos will make sure your app is ranked high!
Having said this, dominating the app market can be a tough ordeal. You need to have a skilled application developer first before you worry about the app’s reach. Openwave is a premier app development company, acclaimed by several customers and known throughout for stellar designs! From developing an app to marketing it, you can always rely on us to offer impeccable service and to make sure your app reaches millions!
Mobile technology and devices are being used more and more widely each passing day for businesses and other functionalities are taking advantage of the platforms to reach their own customers and improvise their business operations. Mobile technology has made life simple and easy as you can keep connected longer and in many cases, all the time as the enterprise find themselves moving beyond the desktop work and meeting their customers, employees and other’s requirements.
Mobile Apps development services by Openwave:
Openwave Computing LLC develops and delivers mobile apps across all the major and important platforms which include iOS, Android, BlackBerry and Windows. Our mobile app development services caters on the following requirements
- Integration with the most popular social media networks includes Facebook, twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
- Native applications are developed, installed and downloaded in your phone/tablet device which can run both on connected and disconnected from internet
- Customize website development for mobile phone, commonly referred as responsive designs
- Interactive Mobile App Development for targeted mobile device and platforms
- Taking advantage of the features supported by the phone device like camera, GPS, touch screen, accelerometer, gyroscope, and compass and pressure sensors
- Integrate your app with other devices/ applications including wireless printing, barcode scanners, and geo-mapping and turn by turn driving direction navigation services
- Solutions are optimized as per your business modules
- Secure benefits from interfaces to back office/legacy systems (in real time or batch synchronized)
- We can even write games and Application Development in New York allowing you to recoup advertising revenue each time they’re played.
- Business needs and requirement are analyzed by our special team of Analyst
- User Experience (UX) testing
- Wire-framing and custom design architecture with project management and professional development process
- Cross platform Mobile Application Development with extensive integration of expertise
- Rigorous quality assurance (QA) testing
- Delivery on time and on budget with complete transparency
- Assistance for getting your app in App Store, Google Play or any other market place for prominent marketing and hosting of your app.
As Openwave Computing LLC falls in the list of the leading Mobile Application Development Companies in New York and surrounding areas, we have not only understood but also signified the amount of experience we own in developing apps for major device and platforms and understanding today’s customer requires creativity, transparency, speed of delivery and cost of containment through mobile apps.